PROGRAMS MANAGER GHM/02/2020
This is senior Management Position in the organization:
Job Title: Program Manager
Grade: GM 2
Reporting Responsibility: Executive Director
(a) Strategy Development and implementation – 30%
- Proactively contribute to developing a strategic vision of where the organization needs to head and what its future to achieve its overall goal
- Creating a program strategy to achieve the desired outcomes and move the organization along the strategic course that the Board has charted
- Developing annual plans and budgets in line with GLOHOMO strategic plan for approval by Executive Director.
(b) Fundraising and Financial Management – 30%
- To proactively seek new opportunities for funding of projects through in-country and external relationship building with donors and the submission of Programme initiatives/proposals
- To ensure that there is a robust internal control environment, policies and procedures that safeguard the assets of the organization and funding partners and that improve the effectiveness and the efficiency of the organization.
(c) Leadership and People Management – 30%
- Support HR in Facilitating processes of recruiting, maintaining and retiring staff
- Supervising all staff in the program department to ensure productivity
- Conducting each staff member’s performance appraisal and providing necessary support.
Key performance measures
- Strategic Plan execution against target
- Increased Funding against target
- Staff performance against target
• Executive Director:
• Internal Staff:
Problem solving, planning and decision making
- Required to provide information and make recommendations regarding programs that will meet stakeholder’s needs
- Adapt within the Organisational programs range and laid-down parameters to best meet stakeholder’s needs.
- Develop annual plans to guide activity flow in the organization
- Effective appointment dairy keeping is essential to create an organized, professional impression.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the operating environment to ensure that stakeholder’s needs are met.
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies
- Appropriate degree in Strategic Management, Public Health, Social Science, Education, Business Administration, Economics. those with Master’s Degree will have added advantage
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the development sector in Malawi
- Knowledge of donor report requires
- Senior Management Skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of risk management principles
- Basic knowledge of competitor programs and strategies for competition.
- Excellent strategic judgment, planning, coordination and prioritization skills
- Proven proposal writing and budget design experience
- Experience of multiple donors grants management and reporting skills
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Good Communication Skills
Mode of Application:
GLOHOMO as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, GLOHOMO is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies.
Eligible candidates meeting the professional and experience of the above stated vacancies should submit their respective application letters together with their detailed CV (including three traceable referees) and Copies of Relevant Certificates. Please include reference number for the job you are applying applications should be sent via email only
The Human Resource Manager
Global Hope Mobilization
P.O Box 31707, Lilongwe 3,
Deadline for application is 17.04. 2020 at 5 PM
- 17th April 2020 Application closes
- 27 April 2020 Successful Applicant are notified
Due to Covid-19 pandemic all interviews will be conducted via phone call, zoom or Skype or any mode on non-human contact.
Note: GLOHOMO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture. Individuals from minority groups, age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. GLOHOMO does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, Child abuse, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks