This is senior Management Position in the organization:
Job Title: Program Manager
Grade: GM 2
Reporting Responsibility: Executive Director
(a) Strategy Development and implementation – 30%
- Proactively contribute to developing a strategic vision of where the organization needs to head and what its future to achieve its overall goal
- Creating a program strategy to achieve the desired outcomes and move the organization along the strategic course that the Board has charted
- Developing annual plans and budgets in line with GLOHOMO strategic plan for approval by Executive Director.
(b) Fundraising and Financial Management – 30%
- To proactively seek new opportunities for funding of projects through in-country and external relationship building with donors and the submission of Programme initiatives/proposals
- To ensure that there is a robust internal control environment, policies and procedures that safeguard the assets of the organization and funding partners and that improve the effectiveness and the efficiency of the organization.
(c) Leadership and People Management – 30%
- Support HR in Facilitating processes of recruiting, maintaining and retiring staff
- Supervising all staff in the program department to ensure productivity
- Conducting each staff member’s performance appraisal and providing necessary support.
Key performance measures
- Strategic Plan execution against target
- Increased Funding against target
- Staff performance against target
• Executive Director:
• Internal Staff:
Problem solving, planning and decision making
- Required to provide information and make recommendations regarding programs that will meet stakeholder’s needs
- Adapt within the Organisational programs range and laid-down parameters to best meet stakeholder’s needs.
- Develop annual plans to guide activity flow in the organization
- Effective appointment dairy keeping is essential to create an organized, professional impression.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the operating environment to ensure that stakeholder’s needs are met.
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies
- Appropriate degree in Strategic Management, Public Health, Social Science, Education, Business Administration, Economics. those with Master’s Degree will have added advantage
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the development sector in Malawi
- Knowledge of donor report requires
- Senior Management Skills
- Work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of risk management principles
- Basic knowledge of competitor programs and strategies for competition.
- Excellent strategic judgment, planning, coordination and prioritization skills
- Proven proposal writing and budget design experience
- Experience of multiple donors grants management and reporting skills
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Good Communication Skills