Job Title: Communication and ICT Officer
Grade: GM 7
Reporting Responsibility: Programs Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communication and Advocacy Officer maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff.
Develop and implement 365 days Communication and Advocacy Strategy Plan for GLOHOMO:
- Developing Communication Strategy of the organization
- Conduct analysis on advocacy needs and strategy;
- Conduct stakeholder consultation on the development of advocacy strategy, and how this advocacy strategy will support the socialization as well as mainstreaming of SDGs (including internal and external communication);
- Formulate action plans for specific initiatives that would generate stakeholders’ participation, aiming at building relevant platforms and channels for their voices to be heard and for policy influencing.
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to online platforms eg. Organisarion website.
- Tracking conversion rates and making improvements to digital platforms.
- Planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, email, social media and display advertising.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate data coming across users of the site to aid retention through Returning Users and more.
- Maintaining the Organisation’s social media presence across all digital channels.
- Identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, and other CMS analytical tools.
- Develop digital communication strategy for the Organization.
- Continuous development of Content Plan for all digital platforms.
- Continuous development of briefs and planning documents.
- Continuous development of assets to be used for digital and other Medias.
- Develop a Database and complex reporting on data dynamics.
- Conducts activities aimed at gaining support from various stakeholders;
- In collaboration with the Project Officer, Data Specialist and M&E officer, the incumbent will regularly update various stakeholders on SDGs-related development by implementing an integrated communication and advocacy strategy.
Produce knowledge products materials:
- Production of leaflets, brochures, social media content, etc to complement media packages for communicating the project in coordination with the Communications Officer;
- Draft and edit English articles and reports, as appropriate;
- Archiving up-to-date documentation for publications, clippings, as well as photographic and audio-visual materials. Supports documentation of innovations and best practices;
- Support the project team on shaping policy advocacy agenda and strategy, including advising project team on the appropriate outlets and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences;
- Maintain and develop collegial relationships with government, donors, civil society organizations; communication counterparts ,media outlets at national and provincial levels as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to enhance cooperation and ensure coherence in public information activities and messages;
- Develop development raising awareness concept.
- Good knowledge of development issues and practical experience in lobby and advocacy;
- Proven networking skills including wide network of government officials, CSOs, business associations and academia;
- Excellent communications (oral & written English), presentation, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of contacts. Proven ability to develop and implement an advocacy plan;
- Good conceptual and analytical skills and ability to think and operate innovatively;
- Good administration and organizational skills and ability to optimize independent use of time against variable workload;
- Ability to manage resources;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Communications, Education, Public Relations or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in advocacy, public affairs or project management with a multilateral or international organization, the private sector or governmental bodies;
- Experience in lobbying within political and government sectors;
- Experience in lobbying within the business sectors;
- Experience in producing policy materials for varied audiences.
- Fluent in English including local languages
Mode of Application:
GLOHOMO as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, GLOHOMO is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies.
Eligible candidates meeting the professional and experience of the above stated vacancies should submit their respective application letters together with their detailed CV (including three traceable referees) and Copies of Relevant Certificates. Please include reference number for the job you are applying applications should be sent via email only
The Human Resource Manager
Global Hope Mobilization
P.O Box 31707, Lilongwe 3,
Deadline for application is 17.04. 2020 at 5 PM
- 17th April 2020 Application closes
- 27 April 2020 Successful Applicant are notified
Due to Covid-19 pandemic all interviews will be conducted via phone call, zoom or Skype or any mode on non-human contact.
Note: GLOHOMO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture. Individuals from minority groups, age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. GLOHOMO does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, Child abuse, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks